Getting settled...

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since I set out from Belleville to drive south...I'm beginning to feel a little more settled and the pile of paperwork that needs to get done is dwindling.
I'm staying in a really beautiful apartment complex that is a short drive from the FSU campus.
To be quite honest...it's like living in a resort...and is a little soap-opera-ish. But it's clean and modern with a few extra perks on the side.
I guess the most noticable perks are the pool and hot tub area...it's only a short few steps from my door.


I'm very excited about my responcibilities at Florida State. Along with my Classmate Jen...we'll be rebuilding a Mason and Hamlin 9ft Grand Piano that has been on it's side since the mid-80's. I commented to my advisor Anne that I was in Grade 3 when this piano was decommissioned. She smiled and said it's been waiting a long time for me to come along. That definately give me some warm fuzzies inside. I'll be sure to add some pictures of the rebuild as it begins and progresses. It's all so exciting!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home